Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beautiful Creatures Series-Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

The Beautiful Creatures Complete CollectionIt took me a little while to commit to reading this series but WOW once I got started I loved it!  I have not seen the movie yet....don't know if I will since I really like the version of the main characters my imagination created.  I am not a big fan of how the movie folks take creative liberties with author's work.  I say let the book speak for itself. 

Anyway...the Beautiful Creatures series consists of 4 books.  I am currently reading the final book, Beautiful Redemption, and can't wait to see how the story of Ethan and Lena ends. I have loved these books because the authors have made me feel like part of the story.  I have watched the characters develop throughout the series and feel like I know them personally.  The humor used to tell the story is fun and lighthearted, it doesn't feel forced and that's why it works.  The story is told by Ethan, a young high school student, who is bored out of his mind at the beginning of the series. All he thinks about is how to escape his small town life until he meets Lena. Lena is the first "new girl" in his grade level in years and life certainly gets interesting for the whole town once she arrives.  This is not a werewolf/vampire story, more of a supernatural genre, but it has kind of a Twilight relationship vibe throughout.  I love the series and feel that it would appeal to guys and girls! 



1 comment: